Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 11 August 2015

A Seasons Swap

It is cold, cold, cold. I need something to cheer my winter days up, so here is another swap.
It is winter here; summer in the Northern Hemisphere (although some have told me it really does not look/feel like it).
So this is a "seasons' swap. You can pick a season and fill a litre/take away container with items pertaining to the chosen season. (could ask your swap partner which is there favourite season).
One item has to be something hand made.

Some ideas -

Winter- a new mug, tea/hot chocolate, knit a mug cosie/hat/scarf, sew a mug rug, winter-ish fabric, DMC threads, buttons, sweet items to sweeten up a day, little stationery kit, a ball of wool, favourite soup/stew recipe

Summer - make a mug rug, dishcloth,sun hat, buttons, DMC threads, summer fabric, something for the beach, items in summery colours, salad recipe

Autumn - items in autumn colours, Halloween-ish things (if partner celebrates), make a mug rug, mug cosie, tea cosie, a ball of wool

Spring - fabric, other sewing bits and bobs, DMC threads, herbal teas, flower themed things, new hand cream, soap, seed packets (check customs - a big no-no to be sent to NZ and probably Australia too), cotton (to either knit or sew with)

The idea is to get to know your partner a bit and tailor something to their interests/hobbies. Anything goes really. You do not need to spend a lot of money - think of colours around a season perhaps.

Open worldwide. Please leave a comment below if interested. I will close comments/sign ups on August 25; have partners up just after and all items need to be in the post by September 30. That should give everyone plenty of time. It will be up to you to contact your partner

Please make sure that people can contact you - non-bloggers are able to participate - just let me know your e-mail address. Have fun!

11 comments:

  1. Count me in Kimberley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun swap! Count me in Kimberley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun. I'd love to join in. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maris (Dottys Daughter( told me about this .. Im in if you have room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throw my name in the hat. Sounds like fun!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kimberley
    Please add me to the swap. I'm happy to post worldwide.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimberley, I would love to join in again. Will post anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. count me in please kimberley xx i'm happy to post anywhere x

    ReplyDelete